Saturday 28 May 2016

Livin' on the Street - Blues in B - Open Source Musick Release


I wrote this yesterday while observing the street and thinking of the possibility of having to live on it again because I can only just afford to pay rent and expenses and just get by:
Livin' on the Street (Blues in B)
Living on the streets
No dole and living on a beggars wage
Alchohol ain't my comfort seat
Caffeine and sugar my only addictions
Who can afford these rooms?
Who can afford these houses?
Slaves can
and people with money bowsers
Not me, not ever
I am no one's slave
From no one do I take orders
So I'll rot in the gutter in this Free society.
Freedom, freedom
Born free on free land
The land doesn't own itself
Lose your money and see your chains
Who can afford these restaurants?
Who can afford these overpriced drinks at these fancy bars?
Slaves can
And those born into cash and status cars
Get off your dole, mister or misses, see your chains
There is no real reason for homelessness
to the losers of their birth-right
It's a lot of hopelessness
Good luck living out there like this
I've done it like this once before
Let's take the system to its knees
Let's make it pay for long lost needs
Freedom, Freedom
Born free on free land
The land doesn't own itself
Lose your money and see your chains

-- MONTEGO IKARUS

No comments:

Post a Comment