Friday 10 July 2015

TRUE STORY

Not the actual heater used in the story


It was getting cold so I closed the door to the hallway and turned on the heater.

As I was waiting for the heater to get itself going I started hearing a noise that at first I thought sounded like soft-medium heavy rain falling on the roof.

I felt within myself a good feeling. I was happy for it to be raining, I like the feeling of it being cosy inside and raining outside.

I stood in front of that heater still and listened a little longer, but then, I doubted. The sound may probably and is probably coming from the heater and is a normal sound that the heater makes when it is in operation.

I denied this allegation by my mind.

I wanted it to be raining.

So to confirm my desire and have a 1 in a million chance that the first perception was correct. I walked over to the back door in anticipation, unlocked it and poked my head outside - not a rain cloud to be found.

It wasn't a reason to be disappointed. I got what I expected. But I hoped for what I wanted. And I went looking for a delusion.

True story.

Monty

No comments:

Post a Comment